Registration Open: 2020 Master Gardener Volunteers Gardening Symposium
Registration is open for the Second Annual Master Gardener℠ Volunteers of Surry County Gardening Symposium!
Come and celebrate Earth Day with us on Wednesday, April 22, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The symposium will focus on gardening ideas and techniques that work with nature to create sustainable landscapes, protect pollinators, and ensure a happy gardening future for all.
Speakers and Topics include:
- Lisa L. Gould – “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Tackling Invasives in Your Own Backyard”
- Katherine K. Schlosser – “Landscaping for Wildlife”
Breakout Sessions include:
- Margie & Bill Imus, Minglewood Farm & Nature Preserve
Topic: Gardening with Children
- Jimmy Speas, Forsyth County Rose Society
Topic: Vegetable Gardening in Small Spaces
- Joanna Radford, Extension Agent, Commercial and Consumer Horticulture
Topic: Entomology 101, What’s Bugging You?
The day will also include specialized vendors, door prizes, morning refreshments, and a catered lunch.
Pre-registration is required. The cost for each participant is $30. The deadline for registration is April 8, 2020.
Please click on the link below to obtain the registration form.
We look forward to seeing you there!