Surry County Farmers Markets
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Please note, due to the spread of COVID-19, the Surry County Farmers Market has adopted the following mission and rules:
- We want to continue to safely provide you healthy foods in a controlled environment.
- Until further notice, we want the public to treat the market as an essential shopping trip.
- Please do not come if you feel sick.
- Please pre-order from your favorite farmers, if possible, and let the vendor touch and bag your items for you.
- Please do not crowd the booths and respect the 6-foot distancing as recommended by the CDC.
- Our healthy vendors will all be wearing masks, using hand sanitizer between each transaction, and will have hand sanitizer available at each booth for customer use.
As we all follow these precautions, and any changes and recommendations by the CDC, we will be able to keep the market open as a safe and healthy means of nourishment during this time. Thank you for your cooperation in making your trips necessary and efficient.
2022 Farmers Market Board of Directors
- Dave Ackerman, President
- John Thompson, Vice President
- Shelia Leham, Secretary
- Ashanna Shores, Treasurer
- Darrel Wilson, Board Member at Large
- Michael Messick, Board Member at Large
- Ginger Byrd (FMNP program coordinator)
- Kevin Campbell, Elkin Representative
- Joe Zalescik, Mount Airy Representative
- Lisa Slawter, Dobson Representative
- Meg Mahoney, PR Representative
- Misty Marion, Town of Dobson Advisor
- Joanna Radford, Extension Agent
2022 Market Dates
Dobson: Every Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ( June 7 – September 6, 2022)
Location: Surry County Farmers Market Shelter
903 E. Atkins Street, Dobson, NC 27017
Elkin : Every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (April 23 – October 29, 2022)
Location: Elkin Town Hall Parking Lot
226 North Bridge Street, Elkin, NC 28621
Attention: The Elkin farmers market will move to the Yadkin Valley Heritage and trails visitor center from 1 November each Saturday until December 17. Check out the link below if you’re not familiar with the facility
Mount Airy: Every Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (April 22 – October 28, 2022)
Location: Mt. Airy Post Office Parking Lot
111 South Main Street, Mt. Airy, NC 27030
For information on the Surry County Farmer’s Markets and application requests please contact: