2017 Master Gardener Appreciation Luncheon
On Wednesday, December 13, we celebrated our Master Gardeners and their accomplishments over the past year. This group has dedicated 750 hours to assisting the people of Surry County in the area of horticulture. They’ve provided 15 workshops/classes, answered numerous questions and phone calls, maintained the beautiful raised beds outside of the Extension office, and so much more. Our Master Gardeners are passionate about what they do and are always willing to lend a helping hand.
The celebration was held at the Extension Office with a soup, salad, and dessert lunch. The following awards were given:
- 250 Hours of Service – Sharon Poindexter and Linda Vaught
- The Golden Cultivator Award (for the Master Gardener with the most volunteer hours this year) – Linda Vaught
- The Football Award (for the Master Gardener who has been willing to tackle the job of raised beds in front of the office) – Terry Willis
- The Mr. Clean Award (for the Master Gardener who is always cleaning up after meetings) – Emily Eubank
- The Sunshine Award (for the Master Gardener that has exhibited a positive behavior in whatever they do) – Anita Collins
A gift was given to the outgoing treasurer, Robert Holder, in thanks of all of his work with handling the financial aspects of the group. The celebration ended with a fun White Elephant Gift Exchange followed by the group’s monthly gift exchange.
Thank you, again, to our Master Gardeners for all of your hard work and dedication over the past year. We don’t know what we’d do without you!
You can find more information about our Master Gardener program here, or by calling our office!